Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Journey To Better Hearing

A little history..
My hearing loss started about 20 years ago. Not bad but simple things like my kids could not talk to me from the next room. It has been a gradual loss but continued. About 10 years ago, I started wearing hearing aids. They helped in amplifying the sounds but never really gave me any clarity. Speech has always been the hardest for me. And now to the present. I am completely deaf in the left ear and have just a little left in the right but not enough for a hearing aid to help. I am currently waiting for approval to get a cochlear implant. This could change my world!

I'd like to say to any blogger's/people who stumble onto this blog that I am not a blogger. I am not a writer. I wish I were because I do love to read but writing is just not in my blood. LOL This will be my own personal journey to hearing again..

No comments:

Post a Comment