Friday, November 12, 2010

BEA Meeting

Tomorrow afternoon there is a BEA (Bionic Ear Association) meeting in Orlando. I WILL be there. I am stressing the "will" because it is something I just have to make myself do. I never thought something so simple would be so hard!

My new found friends at HJ (Hearing Journey) have helped to make it a bit easier. They are the only people that really understand how I feel because they have been or are in my shoes. The isolation that takes over your life when you lose your hearing is crippling. It is so hard to explain to hearing people because they can never get the real effects it has on you. I am no longer the person I use to be and I do not like the new "me" but there is nothing I can do to change that but hope. My life is in the hands of others that are not real concerned about it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cris-That makes me want to cry. I am just taking my break to check blogs. I hope that you can get the real help you are so desperate for. You are right! I could not imagine not being able to hear at all! A world of silence..in a world that is full of noise and sounds. Hugs to you, my friend!~ Diana

    ReplyDelete