Saturday, October 29, 2011

Good News.... Bad News

I will start off with the bad and get it over with. I did NOT get a surgery date on the 26th. Very disappointed about that. The good news is I am thrilled with my new CI team! They are all wonderful. First I went in to see Dr. Bartles. I had a very hard time understanding him as he tends to talk fast. He is prepared for us deaf folks and captioned what he said on his computer so I could read what he was saying. I love this man!

He looked over all my tests and said that they sent him the report of my CAT scan but no pictures. He wants pictures but prefers a MRI. Also there was no record of a HINT test (hearing in noise test) and although I have gotten approval, this test is required. He knew we had driven a long way to come in and tried to get both test done that day but it was just not meant to be.

I did get the HINT test taken care of and this was a surprise for me. I didn't expect to hear anything but I did!! That means I still have things working in there which is a great sign... to me anyway. My audiologist was wonderful. I absolutely love her too. We spent lots of time talking about all the different implants and which one I had chose. Then she explained how often I would be coming to see her.

I am scheduled for the MRI next Friday and I have emailed the surgery scheduler to see if it is possible to see her on Friday as well after my MRI. I am not sure yet if I will be able to see her but I hope to be able to and actually have a surgery date next Friday! More updates to come...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope you can get it all wrapped up and over with soon, Kris! God bless you- I know what you are going through is NOT easy. I am so glad to hear that you have SOME hearing function...even if it is on a deep level! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete