Saturday, December 31, 2011

4 Days Post- Op

Well dang! I was just about to complete my post when the power flickered so all was lost. I shall try this once again.

I am still having pain but I guess that is to be expected. I was able to sleep better last night with only waking a few times so that is a good thing. I am hoping to be able to return to work on Tuesday but at this point I am not so sure. I know I can not make it for 10-12 hour days but maybe I can do 8. It's hard to believe I actually have this device in my head. Doctors can actually give sound to deaf people, is that not incredible to think about? After living this for 2 years, I can only say it is a miracle.

My thoughts are now on activation day! This will be the day that sound enters my world again. I can not begin to express how thrilled I am at that thought but there is also a bit of me that is worried, even scared. There are NO guarantees! I have to keep that thought in my head and not be too hopeful. This is so hard. We are told to keep our expectations low but our hopes high. Just how do you do that?

Hearing Journey is a support group I am part of. I would have never made it this far without them. Since the recall ended there have been many, many surgeries and activations take place. The results have been remarkable. I want so much to be part of that "successful" group but what if I am not? There is no way to know until activation. It is going to be a long month with this weighing heavily on my mind. 26 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment